Monday, October 10, 2011

Open me up to your world

Do you still care about me?
Never mind,  I'll just wait here patiently.
Do you realize how often you cross my mind?
Have I ever crossed yours when you cross mine?
I hardly know you, but yet I feel like I can't get enough of you.
Don't worry about me, just love me when you can.
I'll wake up and everyday and hope that you'll give me one more day, one more day to care about me.
No matter what I do, my thoughts crawl back to you.
How is it possible to drown in your eyes, but not feel your rain?
How can I be lost in your arms, but not feel your touch?
You found a way through the maze to my heart.
Didn't you know I had it hid for a reason?
My heart is too tattered and bruised to love so soon.
Yet, you don't listen and you let me fall.
No guarantee that you'll be there to catch me in the end.
Still, I'm stupid enough to watch it be taken away from me.
You'll walk away and add another scar to my heart and I'll be left alone.

1 comment:

  1. I love how it starts out as a standard love poem, but transforms into something darker. It really reaches out to me.

    --Jon

    ReplyDelete