Sunday, May 27, 2012

Don't Let Me Think About You

I've got a picture of you that stays deep inside my heart and every time I close my eyes,
I see you,
I think that's the hardest part.
And all of our memories surround me night and day,
though it's hard for me to say.
I know that not a day goes by,
that I don't think of you and without you in my life,
I don't know what I'm going to do.
As the days pass by,
I know I'll always love you, but you had to be that mistake I had to make.
But as I step back and look at it all for a while,
I remember all the times that you would make me laugh and smile.
But I need to forget you now. Don't you see?
I need to let you go, and you need to let me be.
Although the thought sounds crazy.
And I need to stop going back to the what if's and the maybe's.
All this is in the past now, everything has changed.
Just don't let me think about you.
It would be easier that way.
We can go our separate directions and act like our lives haven't been rearranged.
Just don't let me think about you.
Please, don't let me think about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment